Friday, June 13, 2008

Ian Quincy

We got a call last Wednesday night that the newest member of our family was on his way. We spent the night rushing around getting things ready and the next morning were on a plane to Utah to meet our handsome baby boy. He is so beautiful, smiley, and cuddly! We are ecstatic to have him as part of our family. Thanks to my mom, sister-in-law, and sisters, I've been able to get through the first week of his life changing only a handful of diapers. Boy am I going to miss their help!

After much debate, we finally settled on the name Ian Quincy--yep, that's IQ for all you who notice initials. Ian is Scottish for John--so John got a namesake without having to name him John and Quincy is the name of the town in Illinois that unselfishly cared for the Mormons when they were driven from Missouri.
He weighed in at 6 lbs, 3 oz. and was 17-1/2" long.
Brooklynn didn't really seem to care much about him at first but she is now coming around (more quickly than I anticipated) and likes giving him kisses and holding him (for about 30 seconds at a time).
We are so grateful that he made it safe and sound and are completely in love with him!

7 comments:

lyn said...

YEAH!!!! He is adorable - I can't believe his face...so cute. I'm so happy for you guys.

Wilde Things said...

Emma has found a place on my lap looking at how cute he is. He keeps saying, "Oh, baby. Cute baby." He is a doll. I am glad he no longer has to go by "baby no-name." I like Ian Quincy, very cute.
Lubba!

Marci said...

Emily I am sooo excited for you guys! He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him :-). I'm going to be really sad if they release you from nursery now though!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of him in his blue and green! We are so excited for you guys and love helping out. We'll miss you when you go back to Texas!

Lisa Erskine said...

He is so cute! And, I love the name! I am so happy for you guys! It was fun to see you this past week...even though it was at Grandpa's funural! :( Congrats on your baby boy!!

kgenetti said...

Congrats again!! Vinny loved the whole IQ initial thing:)We're so excited about your new little boy, we'll have to swap big sister-little brother stories this year:)

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.