Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Argh!

(I post the following lest anyone think my previous
post gave me some false sense of confidence.)
Today I feel like I live with a pirate. Every time I've tried to get Brooklynn to eat something, she has respond sternly, "That be yucky!" I should have clued in that today just wasn't going to be a food day after she said that even Chick-fil-a "be yucky!" Yet I persisted. Tonight, I even went against my firm resolve to never serve cereal for dinner and gave her a bowl full after she requested it. Two seconds later, she had dumped it all over her tray and then proceeded to feed it piece by piece to the dogs. Well, I certainly didn't want to clean it up, so like the good mom I am, I chose that as the time to turn around and load the dishwasher.
In other news, Ian tried green beans for the first time tonight. I grabbed the camera to capture his "this is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted" face but in typical Ian fashion, this is what I got instead:

Isn't he scrumptious?!

6 comments:

Marci said...

He is SOOOO cute! You need to send his picture to Regis and Kelly's baby contest for real...he so happy ALL the time!

Sha nay nay said...

I like his scowl. Do you think he'll be one of those people that tell you really awful things with a sweet smile on their faces? You know, like a teacher telling you to stop talking or you'll get detention or something? It's worse than if they had a scowl on their face! But really, who can resist such a cute little man! Watch girls of the world...

Wilde Things said...

He is a sweet pea . . . or um, I mean green bean.
Brooklynn makes me laugh too, atleast she was helping feed the dogs, huh? They always say, 'if they're hungry they'll eat.' But then again, I always fought with my kids over it too. Why do meal times have to be so difficult?

AmyDawn said...

Hey Emily! My 5 year old Zachary is extremely picky and has been since he was a baby. Even now, every night we have to set the timer and threaten or he doesn't eat. Sigh. It's a personality thing. We never did anything different with him.

Good luck! Also, I posted more pictures of my kids on facebook.

Anonymous said...

He is smunchy! We miss you guys and will try to get out there for a visit very soon. Just have to see when Michael can get some time off. Lubba!

Elizabeth said...

He is so cute! Both of your kiddos are! I love his hair!!!