Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Little Help from Dr. Seuss

Yesterday I was eating my leftovers from Bistro 829 (so nummy!) and trying to get Brooklynn to eat along with me.
"Come on," I said "it's fish!"
"Want tuna fish!" she says
"This is kind of like tuna fish. Its snapper!"
"I want snack." (apparently snapper sounds a lot like snack)
With each exchange I tried to get my fork in her mouth but she kept clamping it shut and shaking her head. Finally, I said:
"Brooklynn, remember in Green Eggs and Ham that guy didn't want to try any but then he did and he really liked it?"
She looks at me for a second and then opens her mouth wide! Before long, she says "Mmmm! More, please!"
Thanks, Dr. Seuss!

3 comments:

Wilde Things said...

mmmm . . . I want some snapper too!
How nice that Brooklynn is now at the reasoning stage. Tonight, we taught Emma the plug your nose and eat it idea. After a while she let go of her nose and admitted that the ham fried rice really was good.

Marci said...

That's cute and I'm impressed it worked! I still have never been to Bistro 829, but I've always wanted to try it. I've heard it's delish!

McKell and John said...

Amazing! I got Johnny to eat fried shrimp by telling him it was shark and letting him dip it in ranch. And yes, he is scrumptious!