Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas

Brooklynn and Ian in their cute Christmas outfits! (Brooklynn wouldn't cooperate for a family shot).


We had a little picnic around the tree on Christmas Eve and read stories and sang songs. I was surprised that Brooklynn paid attention and stayed with us throughout. Afterwards, Brooklynn and I headed outside with the telescope to look for Santa and then set out cookies for him and an apple for the reindeer.
When Brooklynn awoke Christmas morning, she seemed to have forgotten all the excitement from the previous night. We read the Christmas story in Luke and then Brooklynn insisted on eating breakfast. We were finally able to convince her to go in the living room to see the presents. She took to her new kitchen right away. As usual, John was much more patient than I was and was willing to let her play with each present she opened before moving onto the next. I tend to get a little bored. Ian was his usual happy self and had a ready smile for every picture (when he wasn't chewing on his presents, that is).
The Baeza's and Cherry's joined us for dinner and a little cousin gift exchange that night (which of course, I don't have pictures of). Its always fun to watch the kids run around and the babies (Skyler, Ally, and Ian) are all getting so big!

New Years Eve was completely uneventful which I was quite happy about since I barely had enough energy to get off the couch that day. John and I watched a movie and actually drank our Martinelli's in bed at midnight (so luxurious!).

4 comments:

Marci said...

I'm so impressed by your recent blogging blitz! At least you stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve! Mike and I watched a movie and I fell asleep before the New Year even arrived!

Leighanna said...

So cute, watching for Santa! I love Ian's elephant!!!

Wilde Things said...

Love the cute Christmas outfits. They look beautiful!
And look at all your posting . . . I'm so impressed. Last night I had a night like yours the other night.
Lubba you!

AmyDawn said...

I am so happy to see that you have a blog! Your kids are so beautiful! We are doing well. I have a blog and just set up facebook. It is SOOOO great to "see" you!